What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information when a Parent (“parent” or “you”) or child accesses and uses our Services, including:
- Information you or your child actively provide, such as the following: identifiers such as name, username, phone number, email address, mailing address; child profile information such as date of birth, gender, photo, avatar, interests; parent or guardian contact information, payment information such as a credit card number; location data such as city, town, state; If you choose to post content or communicate with us or others on a public platform we host or through user support, we will collect the information you provide in those postings but we do not allow children to communicate with others on public platforms; if you choose to “Request a Shoutout” for your child in any show or “Share A Present” from your child in any show, in addition to the above, we collect the image and/or video of your child that you choose to provide as well as the names of the individuals featured in said image and/or video submissions.
- Information collected automatically, such as the following: Device and network identifiers such as IP address, mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on the Services; Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), browser type and operating system version, language settings, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access the Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within the Services.
- Information from Third Parties. Where we collect information from adults or from portions of the Services that are not directed to children, we may collect personal information from third parties to supplement the information we collect from you directly. We do this so that we can show offers that are more relevant to your interests and to better understand our users. We may derive information or draw inferences about you or your child based on the information we, or our partners, collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location (e.g., country, state, and city) based on your IP address.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to:
- Operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our Services.
- Personalize your experience while using our Services, including on various devices you use to access the Services. For instance, we may remember your recent activity so we can recommend the most content for you on your next visit.
- Communicate with you about your account and account activity and to respond to inquiries. From time to time, we may also use your information to send you emails about Hellosaurus and our other websites and services that may be of interest to you.
- Understand and analyze the usage trends, behaviors, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Services work and look, and to develop new features and functionality.
- Enable you or your child to participate in interactive features of the Services.
- Enhance our shows and features on our Services with content (e.g. images and videos) you actively submit.
- Conduct internal research and development.
- Process or fulfill orders and transactions.
- Maintain, develop, support, and improve our Services.
How We Share or Transfer Data To Others
We care deeply about the privacy of our users. We do not sell personal information collected from children we know to be under 13. We will not share the personal information we collect with any unrelated third parties other in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with our trusted vendors, third party service providers, and individuals to provide services or products for us or on our behalf, which may include hosting, email delivery, and business administration or professional services (e.g., legal advisors, accountants). When we share personal information with third party service providers or vendors, these third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of that personal information.
- In Connection With A Corporate Transaction. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, change of control, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred or disclosed in connection with the business transaction.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may share information in aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when you ask us to do so.
How We Store Data
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain personal information as required by law.
Marketing, Advertising and Email Communications
- Email or SMS communications. We may, from time to time, send you email or SMS regarding our products and services, or products and services we think you may enjoy. Only we (or our vendors or service providers operating on our behalf) will send you these emails. You can choose not to receive these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email or respond appropriately to any SMS. Please note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, orders from us, changes or updates to features of the Services, or technical or security notices.
- Interest based advertising. We do not display any targeted advertising in the portions of the Services that are directed to children. We do not permit third parties to collect information about your use of the Hellosaurus App for the purpose of sending you targeted advertisements on other websites or applications. However, outside of the Hellosaurus App, we may engage in interest-based advertising to deliver online advertisements about our Services, and may use third party advertising companies to serve targeted advertisements on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook and other social networks. These advertisements are not based on the personal information we collect from you or on your activities on our Services, though you may see one of these advertisements based on your activities on other websites or services (for instance, if you type “interactive kids mobile app” into an online search engine, you may see an advertisement for Hellosaurus).
How To Access, Update Or Delete Your Personal Information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update or delete your personal information.
We may not be able to delete information in all instances, such as information retained in technical support logs and other business records. We may retain information which has been de-identified or disassociated with personal identifiers such that it can no longer be used to reasonably identify a particular individual.
Our App is operated and managed on servers located within the United States. If you choose to use our App from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from United States law, then you acknowledge that we will transfer your personal information to the United States for the purpose of performing the App according to our contract and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.
California Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from you or your child, and explain your rights under California law.
- Categories of Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose for Business Purposes:We collect the categories of personal information described in the What Information Do We Collect? section. We collect this information from you, your child, third parties, or as otherwise described in this policy. We use these categories as described in the How We Use The Information We Collect section above, and we disclose these categories of personal information for business purposes as described above and in the How We Share or Transfer Data To Others section.
- Your Rights: Under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, and to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights. You may exercise your right to access, edit or delete information we have collected about you or your child by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law. We do not sell personal information collected by or from any Service or portion of a Service that is directed to children or where we know that the user is a child or a teen under 16. California residents who are under 18 years of age may request and obtain removal of any postings on the Services that they themselves post by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that any requests for removal do not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information from the Services. For example, content that you or your child have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
Links To Other Sites
Contacting All Together Labs
Please contact All Together Labs, Inc. with any questions or comments.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: All Together Labs, Inc., 600 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022