5 Ways to Ask Your Kids “What Are You Thankful For?”
For kids, it can be challenging to put into words exactly what they’re thankful for. Even as adults, it’s a big question, and can be hard to narrow it down to one answer. Instead, try breaking it down into smaller, more manageable questions.
Here are a few prompts to get you started:
- What is your favorite thing we do together as a family?
- What is something your friend has done that made you feel special?
- Who would you like to say thank you to today?
- If we were going to go away on a long trip, which of your belongings would you want to bring?
- What is something very small that makes you happy? What is something really big that makes you happy?
Asking kids direct questions will not only help them come up with a more meaningful answer, but it can also spark a conversation about all the different ways we can be thankful.